Opus continues to support many SouthWare clients and it is a great platform for some environments, however we are increasingly helping visionary managers execute their business strategies and reach their goals of greater efficiency, attract and retaining top talent (that expect to work in a modern environment), and be agile to deploy connected platforms.
The question we get asked the most is why Acumatica? After years of research and deep evaluation of almost all the leading platforms. We selected Acumatica because it met critical criteria we knew we wanted our clients to have and simply no other platform offered. Some of these included:
It has now been 5 years with Acumatica and we are loving it more than ever. Acumatica allows Opus GDS to fulfill its mission.
We are living in an era when the rate of change is accelerating and legacy platforms simply can’t keep up. Some legacy platforms have a deep set of features that have been developed over forty years, but the technology stack is woefully outdated. You might even have a system that was custom built for your company or industry, but it has become clunky and expensive to achieve what is just basic out-of-the-box functionality in a modern platform. When a software company is busy trying to make basic features work, it takes precious time and resources away from innovation.
While the key driver of an ERP search is gaining efficiency, and therefore better customer experiences, it is important to also consider your team’s experiences and needs. Acumatica’s unlimited user model enables you to bring all of your employees into the ERP, which is important as we experience the trend toward the democratization of information and shared decision-making. It is also tough to attract and retain top talent, especially among younger generations, when your ERP is less user-friendly and feature rich than the average millennial’s smartphone!
If your company or organization is currently stuck on a legacy system such as Southware, Sage, Syspro or Microsoft Dynamics GP and others, we would like to introduce you to Acumatica: The Cloud ERP. See the chart below for a comparison between legacy ERP systems and Acumatica ERP.
● Dashboards are cumbersome to customize.
● The UI is outdated and tough to navigate.
● Difficult to integrate with the capabilities of modern devices, such as smartphones.
● Five native reporting tools, including easily customizable dashboards for KPI’s, approvals, and notifications.
● One universal search for menu items, help documentation, transactions, and files.
● User-friendly mobile application.
● Easy to upload pictures and files.
● Brittle or inexistent integrations with other systems, such as eCommerce sites and payment solutions.
● Duplicate data entry and dual maintenance.
● Flat-file imports and no single source of truth.
● Native integrations with the major players in eCommerce, shipping, BI, and more!
● Robust API capabilities to integrate with numerous solutions.
● Costly and time-consuming.
● Requires a programmer for even the simplest changes, such as displaying a warning based on a criteria.
● Low-code/No-Code customization: Add user defined fields, modify tab order, and add side panels to data screens without writing any code.
● Bank reconciliation requires file uploads and manual matching.
● Difficult to view a P&L by product line, program, territory, etc because you have to spend time creating it, rather than refining it.
● Over 200 pre-built reports, including financial statements that can be easily edited to suit your needs.
● Simple to flow from step to step since transactions are linked together.
● Streamlines the reconciliation process with artificial intelligence and machine learning.
● Publishers of legacy platforms also want to innovate, but most have grown through acquisitions of solutions and have become aggregators of systems, rather than one integrated system.
● Many legacy platform publishers have competing-in house systems, but ONE is their focus for future long term new growth. This NEW product often does not have a migration path, and requires a re-implementation.
● Modern platform built for the cloud without the weight of backward compatibility, which allows for speedy growth of the core system and integration with other modern platforms through API and connectors.
● As a company, Acumatica was built from the ground up without any legacy weight to carry forward. All departments are aligned to the same purpose, mission, and vision.